Join the latest baking craze and make a delicious show-stopping Rainbow Cake. Our Rainbow Cake kit comes with absolutely everything you need to make a Rainbow Cake at home. This seriously impressive cake is as fun to make as it is to eat!
Each layer of this four-tier Rainbow Cake is flavoured with vanilla, and then sandwiched together using vanilla buttercream and covered with rainbow coloured sprinkles.
The Rainbow Cake kit contains all natural colours - meaning there are no nasties to worry about. The kit comes with all the dry ingredients perfectly weighed out, disposable baking tins and baking paper. All you need to add is eggs, butter and milk.
What's it good for? The Rainbow Cake makes a fantastic birthday cake for children, but is also perfect for any special occasion including anniversaries, family get-togethers and alternative weddings!
The kit contains:
- Rainbow Cake Mix - including Red Cake Mix, Orange Cake Mix, Yellow Cake Mix, Green Cake Mix
- Icing Sugar
- 4 round single use baking tins
- 4 sheets of baking paper
- 1 cake board
The kit comes with a step-by-step recipe showing you exactly how to make your Rainbow Cake, but it couldn't be more simple!
- Preheat your oven and line each tin with the baking paper provided
- Mix 60g butter with the contents of Bag 1 before adding 1 egg and 15ml milk. Mix until smooth and creamy, and then pour into the prepared tin
- Repeat with Bag 2, 3 and 4 using a clean bowl and an empty baking tin each time
- Bake the cakes for 20-25 minutes. Leave in the tins for 10 minutes after cooking, and then cool on a wire rack
- For the icing, cream 250g softened butter and then gradually add the icing sugar until smooth. Slowly add 30ml of milk until the butter cream is smooth but still stiff enough to hold its shape
- To assemble the cake, first lay the green layer on the centre of the cake board. Spread 3-4 tbsp of the icing onto the green layer and then top with the yellow layer. Continue alternating layers of icing and cake using the orange and then the red layer
- Use the remaining icing to cover the top and sides of the cake, using a knife to smooth down the surface. Decorate with sprinkles!
This kit is not suitable for Vegetarians
Ingredients: Icing sugar (sugar, corn flour), Self raising flour (Wheat Flour, Raising Agents: (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Statutory nutrients: (Calcium, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin)), Caster Sugar, Sprinkles (sugar, vegetable oils, potato starch, concentrates: (spirulina, sweet potato, apple, lemon juice, radish), colour: (paprika extract, lutein), Stabiliser: (acacia gum), salt, flavouring, glazing agent: beeswax), baking powder (raising agents: (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, calcium phosphate), Wheat Flour, Statutory nutrients: (Calcium, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin)), Natural Colours (Paprika, burnt sugar, carmine, gum acacia, maltodextrin, potassium hydroxide, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, vegetable oil, beta carotene, silicon dioxide, sodium copper chlorophyllin powder), natural vanilla flavouring (natural flavouring substances, carriers: (maltodextrin), propylene glycol: anti caking agent).
Allergens: for allergens, see ingredients in bold
May contain traces of milk, soya and nuts.
Nutritional Information (per 100g as sold): Energy 1613kJ / 380kcal, Fat 0.4g (on which saturates 0g), Carbohydrates 91g (of which sugars 74g), Protein 2.7g, Salt 0.02g